I’m about to see the new The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie with my mom and sister. It’s a book series Jennifer and I are well into, one we started thanks to Jessie’s (Jeremiah’s sister) recommendation. You already know how fantastic I think it is from previous posts, so you can probably guess how excited I am to see the movie adaptation. The trailers, photos, and music I’ve heard have all been great, so I have high hopes. But along with those high hopes comes a certain amount of anxiety. I am so nervous the script won’t be as good as I expect that part of me wants to put off seeing it.
Simon and Schuster, the publisher of The Mortal Instruments series (along with the prequels and upcoming sequels) did a fantastic job of capturing in GIFs all the whirling emotions fans are feeling, and they posted it on Buzzfeed. I thought it was so hilarious and fitting that I wanted to repost it.
By the way, the movie actually debuted on Wednesday, so that explains the relevance of the first one.
13 GIFs That Perfectly Describe Watching “The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones” Movie
Cassandra Clare’s City of Bones finally hits theaters on Wednesday. Here is how we see the next few hours going.
Posted on August 20, 2013 at 11:31am EDT
1. Waking up in the morning
2. On the way to the theater
3. While in line 8 hours before the midnight showing
4. Seeing someone in line without any Shadowhunter gear
5. Walking to your seat
6. When the theater goes dark
7. Seeing Jace/Alec/Magnus/Luke on screen for the first time
8. Watching the Greenhouse scene
9. Seeing Valentine for the first time
10. When the movie is over
11. Walking out of the theater
12. Waking up the next day
13. Deciding to watch it again & again & again. & again.